Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Pods

This was the best thing to ever happen to me!  Maybe my brother didn't think the same thing, but who cared!  My dad was a genius scientist, and he'd been working on a project for years in secret in the basement.  And today, we'd found out what. 

Usually the door to the basement was closed and locked, but today, Darren and I had come home to find it open.  He looked at me and grinned. 

"I'm going down there, and you won't do anything about it, wimp."

"Darren! What if Dad had a reason to keep it locked!  It might be dangerous!" I said to him.

"You are such a dweeb, Mike!" he said, and grabbed my hand and started down the stairs. 

I didn't fight very hard, I knew from experience that his body of a high school senior lacrosse player was too much for my skinny freshman frame.  When we reached the bottom, we saw the basement was filled with machinery, centered around two pods.  A computer of some sort sat between them. 

Darren walked over to a pod and started to look at it.  He pushed a button and the round door slid open, and he stepped inside.  I opened the door to the other pod, and looked at it.  It was fairly small, and had a sort of chair in it.  I stepped inside to get a better look.  Suddenly the door slid shut.  I heard Darren shout at the same time as me. 

"Subjects detected," said a pleasant female computer voice. 

"We're not subjects!" I shouted.  "Darren, you should have listened to me, you idiot!" I shouted as a hum coming from each pod grew louder.  Suddenly, a crackling lightning-like energy swirled around the pod.  It wasn't painful in any way, but I kept my arms and legs tightly close to my body. 

Suddenly, everything went black, but then in a moment I could see again.  The energy disappeared and I blinked.  I felt weird, heavy, and the pod seemed smaller.  I stepped outside, and somehow, I had been in the other pod.  I looked at the other pod, and was suddenly shocked.  My body stumbled out.  He looked at me, his mouth agape.  From across the room, my father's voice sounded. 

"Well, it looks like you've found my little project.  I feel like this is punishment enough.  Go upstairs. Now." he said. 

The two of us obeyed obediently.  I grinned as we passed a mirror, Darren's older face grinning back.  I went upstairs, and then into his room.  He stopped short and said "Hey!"

"What? It's my room now." I said, then used my new strength to push him out and close and lock the door.  Now I'm in here flexing his body, and enjoying every second.  I don't ever want to go back!


Posted via Blogaway

3 comments:

  1. This story is fucking great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story has everything I love!
    The body swap is the best there is.

    ReplyDelete