Monday, May 19, 2014

Stargate Swap ((featuring the Chronivac))

Some of you may know, I am a fan of the TV series Stargate SG-1.  So, when I came across the Chronivac system recently, I decided to have a little adventure.  I knew just what I would be doing.  I set up the Chronivac, and then booted the system up.  When I knew it was on (I still worried that it wouldn't work), I hurried downstairs, and grabbed my disk set of Stargate SG-1 season 9.  I inserted the first disk into my computer, and then clicked the "Create pre-set options from DVD" option that came up on the Chronivac.  A loading screen appeared, and slowly, the blue bar filled to 100% .  I let out a sigh, and then began to browse the menu.

I loaded my stats on screen to compare to those provided by the Chronivac.  I considered many characters, than narrowed it down to being one of the main team, SG-1.  From there, I decided I wasn't in the mood to become the genius Samantha Carter or the alien Teal'c, and was left to choose between Daniel Jackson and Cameron Mitchell.
Both were very attractive and had desirable qualities, and I was truly torn by the decision I had to make.  I couldn't figure out what to do.
Daniel Jackson was attractive and smart, wonderful in a lot of ways.  As the teams expert on ancient technologies and languages, he saw a lot of action and kept himself physically fit.  I knew that it could be a lot of fun to become him and live out a day in his life.




But Mitchell was sheer masculinity, a model of manliness.  He was the rough-and-tough leader, the soldier, the main man.  And not to mention, he was quite the hunk of manly soldier man.  Both of them were very appealing to me to live as fantasy as.  I chewed my lip over these qualities for some time, switching between the stats of these two and the stats i had uploaded of myself.



At long last, I had made my decision.  I typed a few commands into the Chronivac, selected my options, then set the process running.  I lay down on my bed, and closed my eyes.  I felt a sudden disorientation, and then suddenly opened my eyes.  I was lying on a reclined chair, wires attached to my head.  Around me stood Samantha Carter, Teal'c, and... Daniel Jackson.

I was Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell.  Samantha Carter looked at me and asked, "How are you feeling, Cam?"
"Carter, I feel wonderful," I said in his deep voice and cute slight accent.  I removed the wires from my head and said, "Other than this headache."  
"Well, seeing as you just had your consciousness uploaded into a computer and then scattered across the Internet until Carter could piece it back together in your body would probably do that," said Dr. Jackson.  
"No wonder I keep thinking about cats," I joked.
"It is good to have you back, Colonel." said Teal'c in his usual manner.  
"Thanks, Teal'c," I said.  "It's great to be here."



I stood up from the chair, put on "my" uniform, and stopped a moment to reflect on how lucky I truly was.  I then grinned, and hurried to catch up to my new team, off to save the galaxy and Earth from some alien threat somehwere.


Perhaps you're wondering how my adventure went.  It was very exciting, and I got to have fun even on downtime.  See, I had kept an interface with the Chronivac in the form of either Mitchell's dogtags or headset radio so I could alter things at will.  Let's just say that the team had no idea that neither "Mitchell" or Dr. Jackson could play basketball.  Then why on earth did they dress up like this and go off together? I think you readers can figure it out.





  

1 comment: